The OpenVSP Hangar has been updated to support v3 files.
To upload a v3 file, just follow the normal procedure. The Hangar will detect the file version and will automatically tag the file so users can search based on the version number.
One of the great new features of OpenVSP v3 is the addition of user-defined custom components. The Hangar provides a great way to share these components too.
To share a custom component, just create a model containing a default instance of your user-defined component. Upload that model to the Hangar and tag your file with ‘custom component’ for everyone to see and share. Any custom component may be extracted to a stand-alone *.vsppart file by saving it from the ‘Type Editor’ GUI. … Read more
OpenVSP Workshop 2015
We are pleased to announce that the 2015 OpenVSP Workshop will be hosted on the East Coast this year.
Please save the dates of August 11-13. We will be holding the workshop at the National Institute of Aerospace in Hampton, VA.
As before, the OpenVSP Workshop consists of presentations and tutorials by VSP developers and power users. Topics range from introductory to advanced model building, reports on cutting edge development, and work that real users are accomplishing with OpenVSP.
Given the major redesign of Version 3.x.x and the influx of new users, we will focus the first day (8/11) on beginners and those who would like a thorough run through the entire interactive interface and explanation of the parameters. We will also present what we have … Read more
OpenVSP Version 3.0.4
OpenVSP 3.0.4 is mostly a bug fix release. This should fix a bunch of issues with DegenGeom in preparation for things to come. Also fixed are a bunch of problems with 6-series and file airfoil types. Anyone using v3 should certainly update.
Bug fixes in this release include:
- Six series leading edge creep
- Crash for very thin six series airfoils
- Fix problem copy/pasting file airfoils
- Update overall wing aspect ratio display
- Don’t deselect Geom when executing DegenGeom
- Fix sign assumption in z camber of DegenGeom for reflex or inverted foil
- Make export file names match primary file name
- Save Vehicle level parameters including file save options
- Fix wing updating when total parameters changed
- Enable extracting point cloud from slices
… Read more