OpenVSP 3.2.0 is the first feature release in a while — there is a lot of great stuff included to make it well worth the wait.
Check out the highlights video.
Blunt trailing edges — Wing section TE’s can now be blunt. Airfoil files with a gap between the TE points will be left that way (re-read your files on existing models to get this behavior). Airfoil curves can be modified to thicken or sharpen the TE; they can also be trimmed to blunt the TE. The sharp corners have parameter values W=0.001 and 0.999, use these values when creating subsurfaces or attaching to the corner.
A negative volume flag has been added to components to cause them to poke holes in CFDMesh. In all other cases, these components have normal behavior. This should be useful for … Read more
So, if you were sitting on the fence about whether to attend or not because you didn’t know what we were going to do, take a look at the Agenda.
This is shaping up to be a really great year. The three days are packed and we have a new block focusing what people are doing to integrate OVSP models into their Finite Element structures analysis capabilities.
We hope to see you here in August.… Read more
OpenVSP Version 3.1.2
OpenVSP 3.1.2 fixes a few bugs and makes the API more complete.
Features and additions
- Add control of wing root incidence. Thanks Jeff Viken.
- Add container routines to API for User Parms. Thanks Erik Olson & James Haley.
- Add file airfoil routines to API. Thanks Yohann Delannay.
- Fix problem with slashes in file names. Thanks Bill Fredericks.
- Include OpenMP dll’s on Windows. Thanks Bill & Brandon Litherland.
- Fix VSPAERO problem with long path -setup. Thanks Brandon.
- Fix nonexistent component IDs in VSPAERO Manager. Thanks Brandon.
… Read more