Version 2.2.5 contains a collection of bug fixes and small features. Some of the features look like bug fixes — and some of the fixes look like small features.
Fixes/features in this release:
- Save CFD export options.
- Automatically add *.vsp extension when saving.
- Add *.ram files to file-open dialog.
- Write propellers to XSec *.hrm files.
- Fixed PovRay *.inc file bug.
- Fix FEA elements not getting written.
- Fix 64-bit GLFont support and embed font in executable.
- Fix parameter linking and design files for propeller.
… Read more
The 2013 OpenVSP Workshop was held August 7-9 in San Luis Obispo. Although smaller than last year, it was a great success giving opportunity for the VSP community to come together and share updates, best practices, and future plans.
For those of you who could not make it, most of the presentations are available online. I hope to see you here next year.… Read more
Version 2.2.4 contains a collection of bug fixes that improve the CFD mesher. Various users have run into these problems, so if you use CFDMesh, you should certainly upgrade.
Bug fixes in this release:
- Guarantee attachment of wakes to constructing edge
- Relax tolerance to better match wakes down body splits
- Rewrite curve tessellation integration for quality in extreme cases
- Introduce curve split sources for mesh quality near intersections
- Size curve distance table to match underlying topology
The wake changes should help guarantee mesh topology when wakes are turned on. There were certain cases that could arise where a wake would not properly attach to the generating trailing edge, or the edge of a body that aligned with the wake. Both of these situations should be … Read more