OpenVSP 3.2.2 is another bugfix release. Some small, but a few that have been longstanding problems. Everyone should update to get the benefit of these fixes.
- Specify units when writing STEP files.
- Specify dimensional tolerance when writing STEP files.
- Fix wing updating with zero tip chord, zero taper, etc.
- VSPAERO Remove additional swirl component in front of actuator disk.
- Fix airfoil trimming bug introduced in 3.2.1
- Eliminate divide by zero for trim/closure parameters with zero chord.
- Fix bug introduced when DegenGeom GUI was made programmatic.
… Read more
OpenVSP 3.2.1 is a release of mostly bugfixes. Most of the fixes are small items expected to accompany a big release like 3.2.0. However, the most significant fix has been a problem with all of v3. So, although it is small, everyone should go ahead and update.
- Background control GUI converted to be programmatic
- Fix inconsistent orientation of triangles from CompGeom
- Fix orientation of symmetrical actuator disk normal vectors
- Improve feature lines and XSec highlights with blunt trailing edges
- Don’t write un-needed Matlab DegenGeom file for VSPAERO
… Read more
OpenVSP 3.2.0 is the first feature release in a while — there is a lot of great stuff included to make it well worth the wait.
Check out the highlights video.
Blunt trailing edges — Wing section TE’s can now be blunt. Airfoil files with a gap between the TE points will be left that way (re-read your files on existing models to get this behavior). Airfoil curves can be modified to thicken or sharpen the TE; they can also be trimmed to blunt the TE. The sharp corners have parameter values W=0.001 and 0.999, use these values when creating subsurfaces or attaching to the corner.
A negative volume flag has been added to components to cause them to poke holes in CFDMesh. In all other cases, these components have normal behavior. This should be useful for … Read more